The Coyne family has made customer service a top priority since 1930. Lorne Coyne founded the company and led it until 1954, when his son, Dan Coyne, took leadership. In March 1976, Coyne Oil Corporation was born when Dan’s sons, Dave and Mark, took over the company. Since then, Coyne Oil Corporation has been growing; expanding locations and services throughout Central Michigan.
In 1989, a 42,000-square-foot warehouse was added to house the numerous petroleum products. The corporation also entered the propane market at this time, forming Coyne Propane. In 1990, the Mt. Pleasant location added a bulk tank station and a commercial fueling facility. The Pickard Street Citgo Convenience store was also added to the Mt. Pleasant location in 1995. In 2005, the propane division expanded to the Cadillac area. In 2010, the company grew again with the purchase of Van Andel storage locations in Tustin and in Fife Lake. In 2011, the business acquired Stanley Fuel Gas and Oil. This acquisition brought new locations in Clare and Evart, and also expanded propane storage capabilities with locations in Harrison and Gladwin. In 2013, Central Michigan Propane of Merrill was acquired with storage locations in Ashley, Breckenridge and Hemlock. In order to better serve the increasing customer base, Coyne Propane established a storage location in Coleman in 2014. This storage location brought the company’s total propane storage capacity to over 420,000 gallons! These storage locations allow Coyne Propane to provide propane supply to their customers in a timely worry-free manner.
Coyne Oil & Propane is committed to providing high-quality products at fair prices to all customers. You can also expect first class customer service from our friendly staff, after all, “Our Customers are Our Warmest Friends.”